With the freshest seasonings made from the finest ingredients, try some of our favorite recipes from family and friends at home.
Got a Great Recipe To Share?
We want to hear how you use your favorite Salute Seasonings in your recipes.
Send us your best recipes and we might, with your permission of course, post them on the website.
Send an email to: moc.sgninosaesetulas@sepicer
Cajun & Steak Seasoning Recipe
“The General’s Chili”
- 3 lb. coarsely ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 1 lb. pork, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 28 oz. cans crushed tomatoes
- ¼ lb. Chorizo sausage
- 2 15 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 14 oz. can enchilada sauce (med)
- ¾ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 16 oz. cans pork and beans
- ¾ tsp. Salute Seasonings Cajun Seasoning
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¾ tbsp. Salute Seasonings New York Steak Seasoning
- 3 tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. red pepper
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. olive or canola oil
- In a large pot, add oil, ground beef, pork, and sausage, and brown for 3 minutes over medium heat. Add onions; continue to stir mixture for 3 additional minutes or until slightly browned. Reduce heat to low, add crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, enchilada sauce, water. Continue to stir for 5 minutes. Add Salute Seasonings Cajun and NY Steak Seasonings, cumin, red and black pepper, chili powder, and jalapeño. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add pork and beans 5 minutes before planning to serve, and salt gradually to taste. Serve with German style rolls and garnish with cheese, sour cream, and green onions.
- An excellent dish for parties, too. Simply double the ingredients to feed twice as many folks! Keep plenty of Warrior Salute Cajun and Steak Seasoning on the table to add additional flavor for individual tastes. Freezes well, continues to taste great next time you serve it. Trust the General for a terrific meal!
(4-6 servings, with leftovers!)